Decoupled from the controller, DFX is a northbound orchestrator, residing in the application plane it communicates with the Representational State Transfer (REST) based Northbound API of the control plane. DFX, compatible with wide range of Open Source & Commercial SDN Controllers eliminates the need for traditional features such as network routing and switching. Its features include:
• Real-time health monitoring of controller resources, control, and data channel utilizations, with self-healing capabilities.
• Lower CAPEX costs by simplifying design processes, validating network topology, and reducing implementation time.
• Lower OPEX costs by automating processes such as service provisioning, change control, policy validation, and implementation.
• Simulation of the network change prior to implementation to mitigate risk.
• Real-time traffic analysis for vulnerability, threat detection, and mitigation.
• Intelligent traffic optimization by statically determining the Quality of Service (QoS).